Thursday 15 September 2016

Road to Home Row Along Day 5

Getting busy....welcome to September for quilters (at least those around here!) – clubs and guilds are starting and for me that means that I’d better get busy with the newsletter for this month’s guild meeting!  We will be having Connie Sue Haidle visiting next week and doing a trunk show on Thursday, followed by an appliqué workshop on Friday – www.appleblossomquilts.com .  I think what she and her husband, Jerry, are doing is quite cool.  They have retired and are driving their RV around North America.  Connie Sue has quite a few quilters who subscribe to her newsletter, so she has put out the word that she is willing to teach anywhere!  I’m looking forward to her trunk show and workshop! 

But...at the same time I’ll be attending my annual quilt retreat at Red Lodge on Manitoulin Island.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE quilt retreats, and if I could afford it, I’d go to one every season!  Staying at a lodge with a group of quilters who just want to sit and quilt all day (for some it goes into the evening hours) is just a treat!

So, life is busy.

My tip of the day today has to be about putting the binding on a quilt.  Yesterday I suddenly realized that I had to put the binding on my sister’s quilt because I’m going to visit her this weekend.  Yikes!  And I’m not quick when it comes to binding!  Well, this morning I made the binding, then I squared off the quilt and attached it to the quilt.  After having tea with neighbours, I realized that there was no way I could hand stitch the binding in one evening.  So I used ‘Steam a Seam’ to seal the binding to the back of the quilt and then used a decorative stitch to sew it on.  No photos yet, but I will take one to show you that I’m not going to be ashamed to show this one off!  I think it’s just fine.

So that’s my week, I hope yours is going well also.  Back to the Road to Home Row Along now.  We have 5 bloggers today who are going to show you their Road to Home rows!  Are you ready?

Don’t forget to leave your comments (these bloggers have worked long and hard to develop these rows!) and sign up for prizes.




 bdieges designs at bdieges.com




Elizabeth Coughlin Designs at ecoughlindesigns.blogspot.com


Cloth and Paper Studio at www.clothandpaperstudio.com


Seacoast Quilter at www.seacoastquilter.net





Patti’s Patchwork at 
www.pattispatchwork.com


No comments:

Post a Comment