Thursday 6 October 2016

The Road to Home Row Along - Day 10

Well I was very excited this morning because I was going to have a series of photos to show you how I fixed the first block of my row! 

As you can see, my attempt to sew the red granite and white quartz rocks along the highway did not turn out well!  Not even a bit lifelike.  So I have some painting  in mind that will amend the fabric to a more realistic look.  I want to make it look more like red granite and also I'd like to simulate the drill marks made in the rock when they dynamited it to build the highway north.

 But a trip to the hospital, xrays and an air cast for a fracture in my foot took up too many hours!  Life is!!

However, I have my supplies now:



  • Textile medium
  • Extra fine fabric markers 
  • A waterbrush
  • And...my secret ingredient, which you’ll see in the next few days when I get a chance to experiment!




















The Road to Home Row Along is almost finished (sigh!).  I hope you’ll tune into www.seamstobesew.com on Oct. 11 to see the list of the bloggers who will be displaying finished projects with their rows!

In the meantime, here is the last set of bloggers who are revealing their rows today:













Seams to be Sew at www.seamstobesew.com
Quilt in Piece at http://chittenden.co.za/





Just Let Me Quilt at http://justletmequilt.com







Cloth and Paper Studio at Http://www.clothandpaperstudio.com






















No comments:

Post a Comment